舊 2005-01-19, 20:05   #10
clk
週末攀岩者

註冊日期: 1999-11
文章: 33
clk
康明哲的攀岩之旅 系列一(講座)

Sorry I brought it up.
Alpine climbing was originated in the Alps. “Alpine” means alpine climate. Alpine zone usually is above timberline and has ice year around even in summer months. Glaciation is also a special feature of alpine climate. It is what happens in the Alps. However, in the other part of the world, like in the US, a lot of big walls are not in alpine climate any more (in the ice age, they were). For example the big walls in Utah is in desert climate. It is hard to say that climbing Zion big wall is an “alpine climbing”. Even Yosemite winter climbing is not truly alpine climbing; more specifically it is a winter big wall climbing.
Expedition climbings are usually in high altitude. These areas are usually in alpine zones, therefore it has alpine climbing style (refer to the climbing style of the Alps) or siege style. For example, when the first Japanese expedition climbed the Eiger North Face, it was done in siege style not alpine style.
So technically, what Mr. Kang have done are big wall climbings, which is not any easier than alpine climbing. He is a strong leader. I am impressed. I would like to meet him some day.

clk
kuoc@ohsu.edu